Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Allen key holder
#18

(16th-May-23, 07:55 AM)JMay Wrote:  Interesting on the fit of the collar, on the ones I have printed so far (6 off), the black PLA + (ESUN ePLA ST) is prone to swelling and the collars are a quite tight, the white is some old Creality PLA that came with a printer and this is slides off more easily but is still retained. 

Those variables are why I don't design a gap when I want a press-on fit like this uses. If someone's printer/material is causing it to not work, then it's the machine/material that needs tweaking, not the design. But, it's pretty common for designers to adjust the design of a thing to work on the their printer with whatever material they use, so I don't get bent about it. That new feature in PrusaSlicer (and I expect SuperSlicer as well) really made the adjustments super easy, whereas I used to have to import an STL, convert to solid, redraw the parts, extrude/cut as needed, export, and slice/print... now it's a couple clicks in the slicer. :) The one difference in the slicer is that the entire model scales, not just that specific tolerance area, so if I wanted to maintain everything else, I still have to edit the model. Fortunately, the original was large enough that the 60% version was still comfortable to use. :)

printables.com/@MrFlippant
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Allen key holder - by JMay - 13th-May-23, 12:53 PM
RE: Allen key holder - by Kevan - 13th-May-23, 02:37 PM
RE: Allen key holder - by Kevan - 13th-May-23, 10:46 PM
RE: Allen key holder - by MrFlippant - 14th-May-23, 05:46 PM
RE: Allen key holder - by MrFlippant - 15th-May-23, 03:36 PM
RE: Allen key holder - by Kevan - 15th-May-23, 03:55 PM
RE: Allen key holder - by MrFlippant - 15th-May-23, 03:59 PM
RE: Allen key holder - by Kevan - 15th-May-23, 06:15 PM
RE: Allen key holder - by MrFlippant - 15th-May-23, 04:06 PM
RE: Allen key holder - by MrFlippant - 15th-May-23, 05:12 PM
RE: Allen key holder - by Kevan - 15th-May-23, 06:16 PM
RE: Allen key holder - by MrFlippant - 15th-May-23, 07:14 PM
RE: Allen key holder - by MrFlippant - 15th-May-23, 07:22 PM
RE: Allen key holder - by JMay - 16th-May-23, 07:55 AM
RE: Allen key holder - by MrFlippant - 16th-May-23, 04:14 PM
RE: Allen key holder - by JasonB - 16th-May-23, 08:27 AM
RE: Allen key holder - by JasonB - 16th-May-23, 02:53 PM
RE: Allen key holder - by JMay - 16th-May-23, 03:33 PM
RE: Allen key holder - by JMay - 16th-May-23, 05:11 PM
RE: Allen key holder - by MrFlippant - 17th-May-23, 09:49 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)