Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ?
#30

(scrolled back up to refresh my memory)

So, nice spring steel sheet, but it looks to be textured? I've never had much luck with PLA on a textured plate. It's great for PETG and ABS and TPU, but not so much PLA. I'd highly recommend getting a smooth PEI sheet to complement your textured one. I use that pretty much exclusively for PLA, and with the right first layer offset, it stays stuck and prints great.

The text will have disappeared easily on a textured plate, not only because the texture, but also because a good first layer on a textured plate tends to need more squish than on a smooth surface. As such, the following layers will also squish into the lettering. If it's only a single layer of lettering, it's pretty much going to disappear. On a smooth sheet, the lettering will be more visible, but the second layer will usually be in the opposite direction, so the lettering doesn't disappear, but gets a line pattern inside. :)

Anyway, seems a good printer. :)

printables.com/@MrFlippant
[+] 2 members Like MrFlippant's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Savage GT - 6th-May-23, 03:27 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by JMay - 6th-May-23, 04:37 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Savage GT - 6th-May-23, 05:47 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Kevan - 6th-May-23, 05:58 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Savage GT - 6th-May-23, 09:09 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Kevan - 6th-May-23, 09:55 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Savage GT - 7th-May-23, 02:55 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by JMay - 7th-May-23, 04:14 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Savage GT - 7th-May-23, 04:59 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Kevan - 7th-May-23, 07:34 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Savage GT - 8th-May-23, 05:57 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Kevan - 8th-May-23, 06:46 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Savage GT - 8th-May-23, 08:01 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Kevan - 8th-May-23, 08:41 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Savage GT - 8th-May-23, 08:52 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by chappyman66 - 9th-May-23, 04:16 AM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by JMay - 9th-May-23, 08:07 AM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Savage GT - 9th-May-23, 10:12 AM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by OXO cube - 9th-May-23, 10:35 AM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Kevan - 9th-May-23, 11:11 AM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Savage GT - 9th-May-23, 12:33 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by JMay - 9th-May-23, 12:20 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Kevan - 9th-May-23, 12:25 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Kevan - 9th-May-23, 01:35 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Savage GT - 9th-May-23, 01:53 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by MrFlippant - 9th-May-23, 10:35 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Savage GT - 10th-May-23, 06:04 AM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Kevan - 10th-May-23, 06:56 AM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by chappyman66 - 10th-May-23, 02:22 AM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by MrFlippant - 12th-May-23, 05:13 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Savage GT - 12th-May-23, 05:54 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by MrFlippant - 13th-May-23, 12:40 AM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Kevan - 13th-May-23, 08:21 AM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Savage GT - 13th-May-23, 11:48 AM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Kevan - 13th-May-23, 02:39 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Kevan - 13th-May-23, 09:48 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by MrFlippant - 14th-May-23, 05:42 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Kevan
4th-Jan-26, 08:33 PM
Last Post by MrFlippant
13th-Aug-22, 10:05 PM
Last Post by AlexisGaitanis
14th-Mar-20, 09:01 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)