Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ?
#26

"Flexible Build Plate" is a pretty loose term in the industry. On an Ender, that usually means some kind of plasticy sheet with a weak magnetic attachment to the bed. These are the kinds that give flexi plates a bad name, and it's no wonder people who have them prefer to use glass.

On a Prusa, it's a sheet of spring steel, with PEI (aka Ultem) adhered to both sides with an industrial grade adhesive. These are magnetically held to the Prusa heated bed with about 20 meodymium magnets embedded in the bed. It is SOLID, and does not require any additives for most common materials to hold well. Removing the print is a matter of removing the plate itself, and then flexing (like a saw blade) the sheet one direction, and then the other. Depending on the material printed and the type of sheet, the print will release itself after the bed and print have cooled down.

The closest thing to a Prusa type sheet for other printers is that as offered by Wham-Bam Systems for a variety of printers. Although they use a sheet magnet, it's thicker, and therefore stronger, than what Enders usually come with. The WhamBam plate is spring steel, and you can get various polymer sheets for it, like the Prusa ones, or even print right on the spring steel itself.

I have never, nor will I ever, use a dangerous implement to remove prints from any printer I own. As such, I didn't even use my resin printer until I got WhamBam sheets for it.

printables.com/@MrFlippant
Quote


Messages In This Thread
I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Savage GT - 6th-May-23, 03:27 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by JMay - 6th-May-23, 04:37 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Savage GT - 6th-May-23, 05:47 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Kevan - 6th-May-23, 05:58 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Savage GT - 6th-May-23, 09:09 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Kevan - 6th-May-23, 09:55 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Savage GT - 7th-May-23, 02:55 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by JMay - 7th-May-23, 04:14 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Savage GT - 7th-May-23, 04:59 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Kevan - 7th-May-23, 07:34 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Savage GT - 8th-May-23, 05:57 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Kevan - 8th-May-23, 06:46 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Savage GT - 8th-May-23, 08:01 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Kevan - 8th-May-23, 08:41 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Savage GT - 8th-May-23, 08:52 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by chappyman66 - 9th-May-23, 04:16 AM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by JMay - 9th-May-23, 08:07 AM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Savage GT - 9th-May-23, 10:12 AM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by OXO cube - 9th-May-23, 10:35 AM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Kevan - 9th-May-23, 11:11 AM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Savage GT - 9th-May-23, 12:33 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by JMay - 9th-May-23, 12:20 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Kevan - 9th-May-23, 12:25 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Kevan - 9th-May-23, 01:35 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Savage GT - 9th-May-23, 01:53 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by MrFlippant - 9th-May-23, 10:35 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Savage GT - 10th-May-23, 06:04 AM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Kevan - 10th-May-23, 06:56 AM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by chappyman66 - 10th-May-23, 02:22 AM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by MrFlippant - 12th-May-23, 05:13 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Savage GT - 12th-May-23, 05:54 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by MrFlippant - 13th-May-23, 12:40 AM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Kevan - 13th-May-23, 08:21 AM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Savage GT - 13th-May-23, 11:48 AM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Kevan - 13th-May-23, 02:39 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Kevan - 13th-May-23, 09:48 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by MrFlippant - 14th-May-23, 05:42 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Kevan
4th-Jan-26, 08:33 PM
Last Post by MrFlippant
13th-Aug-22, 10:05 PM
Last Post by AlexisGaitanis
14th-Mar-20, 09:01 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)