Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ?
#2

Hi, quick look at the pic, and the round holes and angled side overhangs should be no problem. The large ovals might end up with sag towards the middle of the red highlighted areas depending on the printer fan cooling operation and setting. Some printers have weak cooling fans as standard so will not freeze off the filament fast enough to avoid sag.

Several solutions, have the parts printed by one of the professional services and they can add support as required, for home printers ensure the printer is up to scratch by a doing a test piece i.e. the oval section on its own, or put a support in the oval which can be removed afterwards to hold up the centre.

Supports can be programmed in by the ‘Slicer’ software or added manually. One technique is to fill in the oval with a thin 0.4mm thick oval which is 0.1mm smaller than the oval perimeter so it will remove easily. Can’t tell from the pic how thick the section is so may need more than one oval spaced out @2mm apart.

Depending on the size of the print and how stressed it is going to be in use then there is a range of filaments that would work i.e. PLA +, PETG, or carbon fibre loaded versions of these two.

Have fun, be careful it gets very addictive.


Cheers
John

Mr Fit for Function.
[+] 1 member Likes JMay's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Savage GT - 6th-May-23, 03:27 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by JMay - 6th-May-23, 04:37 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Savage GT - 6th-May-23, 05:47 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Kevan - 6th-May-23, 05:58 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Savage GT - 6th-May-23, 09:09 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Kevan - 6th-May-23, 09:55 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Savage GT - 7th-May-23, 02:55 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by JMay - 7th-May-23, 04:14 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Savage GT - 7th-May-23, 04:59 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Kevan - 7th-May-23, 07:34 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Savage GT - 8th-May-23, 05:57 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Kevan - 8th-May-23, 06:46 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Savage GT - 8th-May-23, 08:01 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Kevan - 8th-May-23, 08:41 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Savage GT - 8th-May-23, 08:52 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by chappyman66 - 9th-May-23, 04:16 AM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by JMay - 9th-May-23, 08:07 AM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Savage GT - 9th-May-23, 10:12 AM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by OXO cube - 9th-May-23, 10:35 AM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Kevan - 9th-May-23, 11:11 AM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Savage GT - 9th-May-23, 12:33 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by JMay - 9th-May-23, 12:20 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Kevan - 9th-May-23, 12:25 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Kevan - 9th-May-23, 01:35 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Savage GT - 9th-May-23, 01:53 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by MrFlippant - 9th-May-23, 10:35 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Savage GT - 10th-May-23, 06:04 AM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Kevan - 10th-May-23, 06:56 AM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by chappyman66 - 10th-May-23, 02:22 AM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by MrFlippant - 12th-May-23, 05:13 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Savage GT - 12th-May-23, 05:54 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by MrFlippant - 13th-May-23, 12:40 AM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Kevan - 13th-May-23, 08:21 AM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Savage GT - 13th-May-23, 11:48 AM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Kevan - 13th-May-23, 02:39 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by Kevan - 13th-May-23, 09:48 PM
RE: I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ? - by MrFlippant - 14th-May-23, 05:42 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Kevan
4th-Jan-26, 08:33 PM
Last Post by MrFlippant
13th-Aug-22, 10:05 PM
Last Post by AlexisGaitanis
14th-Mar-20, 09:01 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)