12th-Feb-23, 02:04 PM
I'm still here! Time is spread a bit too thinly across other projects and interests but I'm still fiddling with the hobby. Mainly buying too many cars, occasionally finding the cars that I've been trying to hunt down for years. I got very excited recently when I spotted the Green Trabant that had been missing from my collection and the blue and orange road going Plymouth Roadrunner Superbirds. What a great feeling when the holes in the collection finally get filled, especially if you don't have to re mortgage to do it!
Anyway, this is supposed to be about the track, not my cars. I did the thing I probably should have done with my track table right from the start of the 'Beyond The Loft Hatch' thread over on the other place years ago and added a folding flap above the loft hatch entrance to remove the narrow pinch in the middle of the table, but also allow access into the loft for big stuff when necessary.
I won't very happy with the previous track from the post above with the raided section, so it didn't last long. his is the track that one evolved into, and this is the one that I was running before fitting the loft hatch flap:
The flap has made a massive difference to what I can do on the table, as the middle bit was so narrow previously that it really restricted the centre of the track to two parallel straights.
With the paint dried I adapted that track to give it a bit more flow.
This is a nice smooth fun track, My son and I spent quite a lot of time over Christmas up in the loft on this one.
Obviously it didn't't take long until I wanted to adapt the track and make it a bit more challenging and interesting. More to come...
Anyway, this is supposed to be about the track, not my cars. I did the thing I probably should have done with my track table right from the start of the 'Beyond The Loft Hatch' thread over on the other place years ago and added a folding flap above the loft hatch entrance to remove the narrow pinch in the middle of the table, but also allow access into the loft for big stuff when necessary.
I won't very happy with the previous track from the post above with the raided section, so it didn't last long. his is the track that one evolved into, and this is the one that I was running before fitting the loft hatch flap:
The flap has made a massive difference to what I can do on the table, as the middle bit was so narrow previously that it really restricted the centre of the track to two parallel straights.
With the paint dried I adapted that track to give it a bit more flow.
This is a nice smooth fun track, My son and I spent quite a lot of time over Christmas up in the loft on this one.
Obviously it didn't't take long until I wanted to adapt the track and make it a bit more challenging and interesting. More to come...

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)