18th-Jan-23, 05:48 PM
I think you're getting old
Okay, maybe the format, promotion or coverage can seem a little sterile to some viewers, but the WRC has the very best rally drivers of their generation. I'm sure this week's Monte will provide plenty of breathtaking moments - whether it can match last year's, I dunno.
Mind you, the sights and sounds of some rear-wheel drive Escort action is still very special. Thankfully there are dozens of national events where you can still see those cars competing - with modified road cars making up a fair chunk of the entry. One example is the Brands Hatch Winter Stages this Saturday: https://www.facebook.com/BrandsHatchWinterStages/ Personally, what gets me going are the '90s F2 kit cars - that's what I watched up-close when I was lucky enough to regularly attend rallies. Many of them still run in French national events.
And why no Rally GB? There was a good article on the DirtFish website last autumn, with Elfyn Evans asking the question and Hugh Chambers from Motorsport UK providing some answers: https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/evans-que...wrc-event/
Okay, maybe the format, promotion or coverage can seem a little sterile to some viewers, but the WRC has the very best rally drivers of their generation. I'm sure this week's Monte will provide plenty of breathtaking moments - whether it can match last year's, I dunno.
Mind you, the sights and sounds of some rear-wheel drive Escort action is still very special. Thankfully there are dozens of national events where you can still see those cars competing - with modified road cars making up a fair chunk of the entry. One example is the Brands Hatch Winter Stages this Saturday: https://www.facebook.com/BrandsHatchWinterStages/ Personally, what gets me going are the '90s F2 kit cars - that's what I watched up-close when I was lucky enough to regularly attend rallies. Many of them still run in French national events.
And why no Rally GB? There was a good article on the DirtFish website last autumn, with Elfyn Evans asking the question and Hugh Chambers from Motorsport UK providing some answers: https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/evans-que...wrc-event/

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)