Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Soldering Iron UK
#7

I had a Lidls one and the tips kept burning.
So I spent the money on a Hakko FX601 and it was worth every penny.

The best tip I was told was as soon as you stop using it turn it off and clean the tip, I thought that would be annoying turning it off and on waiting for it to heat up but the Hakko heats up in about 10/20 seconds from cold.

I also prefer liquid flux.
Everyone works differently but you should be able to take the info and work out what you think will suit your skill set.

Good luck, buy once buy quality.
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Soldering Iron UK - by 964rh - 10th-Jan-23, 09:47 AM
RE: Soldering Iron UK - by merkit the grof - 10th-Jan-23, 10:19 AM
RE: Soldering Iron UK - by Kevan - 10th-Jan-23, 11:41 AM
RE: Soldering Iron UK - by merkit the grof - 10th-Jan-23, 04:15 PM
RE: Soldering Iron UK - by Kevan - 10th-Jan-23, 04:24 PM
RE: Soldering Iron UK - by chrisguyw - 10th-Jan-23, 10:35 PM
RE: Soldering Iron UK - by Kevan - 10th-Jan-23, 11:10 PM
RE: Soldering Iron UK - by Tibbs - 10th-Jan-23, 10:46 PM
RE: Soldering Iron UK - by Scuderia_Turini - 10th-Jan-23, 11:34 PM
RE: Soldering Iron UK - by 964rh - 18th-Jan-23, 01:39 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)