9th-Dec-22, 05:48 PM
Hello Tony,
Firstly, I must say that I have no experience with TruSpeed controllers so cannot advise on the hook-up.
I just opened a Scalextric Sport controller and found the colours are used as on my diagram below and I believe that all Sport controllers are the same.
I then found via Google a diagram showing the use of the 3.5mm plug for audio and have annotated the diagram.
Obviously there is a risk of damaging the controller so my suggestion is that you contact Steve at TruSpeed for advice before deciding what to do.
Presumably the controller is an analogue type where the power to the track travels along the cables so using an audio extension with low current capability may result in a voltage drop to the rails, whereas the Sport cable is more or less "fit for purpose".
Hopefully someone with TruSpeed experience can chime in here.
Leo
Firstly, I must say that I have no experience with TruSpeed controllers so cannot advise on the hook-up.
I just opened a Scalextric Sport controller and found the colours are used as on my diagram below and I believe that all Sport controllers are the same.
I then found via Google a diagram showing the use of the 3.5mm plug for audio and have annotated the diagram.
Obviously there is a risk of damaging the controller so my suggestion is that you contact Steve at TruSpeed for advice before deciding what to do.
Presumably the controller is an analogue type where the power to the track travels along the cables so using an audio extension with low current capability may result in a voltage drop to the rails, whereas the Sport cable is more or less "fit for purpose".
Hopefully someone with TruSpeed experience can chime in here.
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)