18th-Oct-22, 11:58 AM
A little inspiration from WWSCC recently, 3DP flexy pan chassis.
I must admit it's an idea I've had in mind for two years but never looked at it properly so decided to try a challenging car...the MiniSprint which is only 54mm wide.
0.8mm piano wire (holes needed cleaning out), obviously not cut to length, this is a mock up (that's not a typo
)
The hinges could do with upsizing and a bit of cleaning with a diamond needle file to get the parts to fit freely but here it is:
The original two body mounts were kept to align everything before I decide on the most suitable body mounting route to follow. I could easily use tape which is dead easy to use...and flexible...and won't break...but not the best looking option.
Pins are right out!
At the moment I'm thinking keep the front body post and add one at the rear of each flexy pan.
I must admit it's an idea I've had in mind for two years but never looked at it properly so decided to try a challenging car...the MiniSprint which is only 54mm wide.
0.8mm piano wire (holes needed cleaning out), obviously not cut to length, this is a mock up (that's not a typo
)The hinges could do with upsizing and a bit of cleaning with a diamond needle file to get the parts to fit freely but here it is:
The original two body mounts were kept to align everything before I decide on the most suitable body mounting route to follow. I could easily use tape which is dead easy to use...and flexible...and won't break...but not the best looking option.
Pins are right out!
At the moment I'm thinking keep the front body post and add one at the rear of each flexy pan.
Life is like a box of Slot cars...

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)