28th-Sep-22, 11:07 PM
Morning all
I have finally taking the plunge and bought myself a resin printer. I borrowed a Anycubic Photon of a friend and played with that for a couple of months and decided to get an Anycubie Photon Mono X2. Its the Mono X with a few tweaks (little bit bigger screen and resolution)
I have printed a couple of bodies - (photos soon) and some drivers and also some miniatures that I found on the 3D file sharing sites.
I am super impressed with the printer. So far I have use a green castable resin (came free with printer) and Anycubic Tough Resin and Anycubic Craftsman resin.
I have had good results. I think the tough resin by itself might be a bit too flexible for a body. What have others found? I printed an ERA body (I modified the file from Nimrod) and post curing found I could squeeze sides together - that may be ok but may be an issue with handling / marshalling etc. I plan to experiment with a mix of the craftsman and tough resin today to see how that goes.
If anyone would like to share tips, settings, resin mixes etc I am keen to learn.
cheers
David
I have finally taking the plunge and bought myself a resin printer. I borrowed a Anycubic Photon of a friend and played with that for a couple of months and decided to get an Anycubie Photon Mono X2. Its the Mono X with a few tweaks (little bit bigger screen and resolution)
I have printed a couple of bodies - (photos soon) and some drivers and also some miniatures that I found on the 3D file sharing sites.
I am super impressed with the printer. So far I have use a green castable resin (came free with printer) and Anycubic Tough Resin and Anycubic Craftsman resin.
I have had good results. I think the tough resin by itself might be a bit too flexible for a body. What have others found? I printed an ERA body (I modified the file from Nimrod) and post curing found I could squeeze sides together - that may be ok but may be an issue with handling / marshalling etc. I plan to experiment with a mix of the craftsman and tough resin today to see how that goes.
If anyone would like to share tips, settings, resin mixes etc I am keen to learn.
cheers
David

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)