Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

What a day
#9

Yes, I agree with you, and I'd also add that the aerodynamics make it difficult to overtake, but I think they're looking into that.

But as you say, there have been dominant teams in F1 and other sports for years, and I find the battles between the manufacturers fascinating, and they are often played out over a number of years not just one season.

Going back to one of Anthony's points, I'd say Ferrari have a lot to answer for in recent years. Their incompetence has been partly responsible for the dominance of Mercedes. I've lost track of the number of points they've thrown away through driver error, lack of reliability, mistakes in development, and lack of leadership. 

Well, I've forced myself to watch the video, and I can understand the attraction, but to me it just looks unnatural to have so many cars, so close together after however many hours of racing. Are the cars and drivers really so evenly matched? Are some of them on different laps, or is there some way the race is organised to make that happen?
Quote


Messages In This Thread
What a day - by JasonB - 15th-Jul-19, 08:49 AM
RE: What a day - by Gordon Steadman - 15th-Jul-19, 10:28 AM
RE: What a day - by CMOTD - 15th-Jul-19, 10:40 AM
RE: What a day - by JasonB - 15th-Jul-19, 11:33 AM
RE: What a day - by Anthony B - 15th-Jul-19, 11:09 AM
RE: What a day - by Gordon Steadman - 15th-Jul-19, 11:18 AM
RE: What a day - by JasonB - 15th-Jul-19, 11:34 AM
RE: What a day - by CMOTD - 15th-Jul-19, 02:40 PM
RE: What a day - by JasonB - 15th-Jul-19, 03:34 PM
RE: What a day - by CMOTD - 15th-Jul-19, 05:59 PM
RE: What a day - by JasonB - 15th-Jul-19, 07:00 PM
RE: What a day - by dvd3500 - 16th-Jul-19, 09:03 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)