30th-Aug-22, 09:09 AM
(30th-Aug-22, 08:33 AM)Beejay7 Wrote: That looks excellent...One of the best 3d printed bodies I've seen. Resin printed seems the way to go if you can't get a traditional resin shell.
Regards
Alan
I was impressed also. This came off the printer, cleaned in bio ethanol, supports removed, cured, left to sit for an hour or so to dry, primed, painted...no post processing was done.
Recently I've become a bit obsessed where the supports go these days, I let the slicer do it's job of placing supports then I delete all the ones on the outside surfaces and manually add loads more to the inside surfaces. Yes it takes 3 times as long on the software but the results are better.
I've also started printing at 0.02mm layers instead of 0.04mm layers so print times have doubled, this one took 9 hours.
Life is like a box of Slot cars...

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)