15th-Aug-22, 08:20 AM
I assume that manufacturers now use this method. Quickly printing a body the right shape then gives the opportunity to get a good finish on it and use it to produce a production mould.
After my recent experiments with getting resin bodies made from some of my wooden masters, I am certainly tempted to try some more. Being able to reproduce them does take away the fear that my....priceless work of art, ahem..... will get destroyed when racing hard.
So far, it's been one made of plasticard that got thoroughly clobbered, the balsa ones seem surprisingly resistant and are easy to repair anyway.
Thanks for showing us your planes.
After my recent experiments with getting resin bodies made from some of my wooden masters, I am certainly tempted to try some more. Being able to reproduce them does take away the fear that my....priceless work of art, ahem..... will get destroyed when racing hard.
So far, it's been one made of plasticard that got thoroughly clobbered, the balsa ones seem surprisingly resistant and are easy to repair anyway.
Thanks for showing us your planes.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)