7th-Aug-22, 10:48 AM
As the heat still means I can't work outside and August means that no French electricians are to be seen, I thought I'd get a few slot related things done. Two more Pittmans arrived from Phil so I'm gathering all I have together and putting them in small GT cars. It'll be good have a number with similar performance.
The surprising thing is how little difference the reduction in width has made (Thunderslot please note
) The Orange indicar had to come in by over a centimetre but probably goes better now. Doesn't slide so much and grips better. Quite a few of the open wheelers I did for Bordo used Pittmans and, as I don't really do Formula cars, it means I have a few available for 'proper' cars.
Having the track out in the garage is doing it no favours at all. What with the dust and the temperature changes, the grip seems to disappear very quickly. Put another coat of water based yacht varnish on yesterday and it's great again. Getting a bit shiny though. Not sure what surface I will choose if I get round to a decent indoor track in due course.
The surprising thing is how little difference the reduction in width has made (Thunderslot please note
) The Orange indicar had to come in by over a centimetre but probably goes better now. Doesn't slide so much and grips better. Quite a few of the open wheelers I did for Bordo used Pittmans and, as I don't really do Formula cars, it means I have a few available for 'proper' cars.Having the track out in the garage is doing it no favours at all. What with the dust and the temperature changes, the grip seems to disappear very quickly. Put another coat of water based yacht varnish on yesterday and it's great again. Getting a bit shiny though. Not sure what surface I will choose if I get round to a decent indoor track in due course.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)