5th-Jul-19, 04:37 PM
I'm off to race at the Essex 24 Hours at GT Raceway this weekend. After a break of three years, the UK's only analogue 1/32 scale 24 hour slot car race is back. All six teams will be racing standard Racer Sideways Lamborghini Huracáns with handout motors and tyres, supplied by Gaugemaster.
The six teams lining up on the grid tomorrow at midday are:
GT Raceway
West London Scalextric Club
Worthing
Truspeed
Molesey Slot Car Club
Scuderia Vermicelli
The race starts at midday, lights go out at 10pm and daylight returns at 6am Sunday morning. Each team will spend an hour on each lane and rotate through all six lanes four times over the 24 hours.
I'll be racing on the Worthing team, the four of us race at either East Worthing Scalextric Club, WHO/digital or both. Three of us raced together in the Worthing Digital team at the DiSCA oXigen Le Mans 24 hours in April. To complete a triple crown of UK 24 hour endurance races in 2019, I'll be racing at the HO Le Mans 24 hours in Derby this November

With a bit of luck, you will be able to follow updates from WHO Racing on Instagram and Twitter over the weekend - look out for #essex24hours. I'll post up a report here when I return...

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)