22nd-Jul-22, 07:52 PM
The original plan was for a commemorative edition Zolder qualifying model in specially-designed packaging. A little macabre for the first release, but that was the choice. The official word is that the packaging is taking time and a 'standard' release has been brought forward. Yep, it could have been the Villeneuve Long Beach car - which may also be released at some stage - but the whatever the first model in the series was, it's going to sell out quickly.
Some people have said on social media that they'll never own a Pironi car. I guess there are few people out there who buy into an extreme version of the mythology about Villeneuve's death - blaming Pironi's behaviour at Imola for Villeneuve's accident at Zolder. I suspect there are more people - like me - who remember Didier Pironi as an exciting young racer whose retirement was a sad loss to F1, especially following so soon after Zolder.
At the end of the day, it's a Policar Ferrari 126C2
Some people have said on social media that they'll never own a Pironi car. I guess there are few people out there who buy into an extreme version of the mythology about Villeneuve's death - blaming Pironi's behaviour at Imola for Villeneuve's accident at Zolder. I suspect there are more people - like me - who remember Didier Pironi as an exciting young racer whose retirement was a sad loss to F1, especially following so soon after Zolder.
At the end of the day, it's a Policar Ferrari 126C2

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)