13th-Jul-22, 08:14 AM
Likewise, the 1970s is the F1 era for me. I was taken to International Trophy races at Silverstone by my dad when I was very young - and then caught the Grand Prix and Aurora Championship races at Brands Hatch with my older sister from 1980. Of course, the Scalextric F1 cars of the time are what me and my friends drooled over...
I had the Tyrrell 008 and the Ligier JS11 to race back in the late 70s and early 80s - and have added the others more recently as a bit of a nostalgia kick. All six could be seen in action on the various rug-racing tracks that appeared at mine and my friends' houses in the school holidays. The 1980 Williams FW07B (which first appeared in the fabulous 1981 catalogue) has to be the best of the bunch...
Although tempted, I haven't delved into the modern-day Scalextric Legends F1 cars yet. They are really nice looking models and there's a chance I'll get the 1977 Tyrrell six-wheeler when it arrives. I have bought a handful of Fly cars over the years...
The Aurora series Lotus 78 has been fitted with an Andi Rowland 3D-printed chassis and Policar motor pod - turning it into a fast racer. The cars look wonderful...
Although in a head-to-head, I think the best-looking (and performing) 70s F1 cars are the Policar models like the Lotus 72 below...
The amount of detailing on the Policars is sensational - yet the early-1970s F1 cars aren't etched into my memory quite as much as the mid and late-70s ones.
I had the Tyrrell 008 and the Ligier JS11 to race back in the late 70s and early 80s - and have added the others more recently as a bit of a nostalgia kick. All six could be seen in action on the various rug-racing tracks that appeared at mine and my friends' houses in the school holidays. The 1980 Williams FW07B (which first appeared in the fabulous 1981 catalogue) has to be the best of the bunch...
Although tempted, I haven't delved into the modern-day Scalextric Legends F1 cars yet. They are really nice looking models and there's a chance I'll get the 1977 Tyrrell six-wheeler when it arrives. I have bought a handful of Fly cars over the years...
The Aurora series Lotus 78 has been fitted with an Andi Rowland 3D-printed chassis and Policar motor pod - turning it into a fast racer. The cars look wonderful...
Although in a head-to-head, I think the best-looking (and performing) 70s F1 cars are the Policar models like the Lotus 72 below...
The amount of detailing on the Policars is sensational - yet the early-1970s F1 cars aren't etched into my memory quite as much as the mid and late-70s ones.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)