Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

!970's Formula 1
#3

I'll be honest, current F1 is now dead to me, the final nail being smashed in the coffin at the end of last seasons FIArseco riddled event.

Anyway I digress, my first memories of F1 are in black & white, the Coopers in the 60's, the diverse changes through that era, probably the best time to be an F1 team member.

The 70's, I don't remember much about mid-late 70's, I was never in the house, some weird and wonderful creations were raced.

For me the most enjoyable era was the 80's and the first couple of years in the '90's.

As far as F1 Slot racing, I love the much older cars, the pre-wing 'half tonner' era and the pre-war cars.

I'm not a fanboi of any particular marque but the pre-war Mercs are just unbelievable race cars, the Auto Unions are also a favourite (maybe not the best looking though).


   

Left-right:  resin Merc W25, resin Merc W154, fibreglass Merc W165, fibreglass Auto Union 'D' type, Cartrix Merc W196 with a SlotIt pod cut into the chassis.

The Betta & Classic W165 on a brass & 3D hybrid chassis

   

   

I have a 3D resin printed W165 on a bespoke 3D chassis but it's still only got it's primer coat (it's only been 6 months  Sweating )...I'll have to grab a pic of that too.

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
[+] 6 members Like Kevan's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
!970's Formula 1 - by Anthony B - 12th-Jul-22, 11:38 AM
RE: !970's Formula 1 - by nkarres - 12th-Jul-22, 12:17 PM
RE: !970's Formula 1 - by Kevan - 12th-Jul-22, 02:06 PM
RE: !970's Formula 1 - by chrisguyw - 12th-Jul-22, 04:31 PM
RE: !970's Formula 1 - by rallyhub - 12th-Jul-22, 08:16 PM
RE: !970's Formula 1 - by woodcote - 13th-Jul-22, 08:14 AM
RE: !970's Formula 1 - by Anthony B - 13th-Jul-22, 11:38 AM
RE: !970's Formula 1 - by Anthony B - 14th-Jul-22, 11:52 AM
RE: !970's Formula 1 - by Kevan - 15th-Jul-22, 07:48 AM
RE: !970's Formula 1 - by 42redcat - 3rd-Aug-22, 05:57 PM
RE: !970's Formula 1 - by Anthony B - 4th-Aug-22, 10:29 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by BAracer
28th-Jan-20, 04:45 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)