15th-Jun-22, 08:51 AM
I do like the more quirky racers and the Revell NSU line certainly hits the spot. The 'little beauty' on the right was actually a 2021 purchase but somehow got missed. Love the metallic maroon 'Autohaus Tolles' car. Another FB Marketplace bargain (aren't they all
) it really resonated as I have a 1:1 Vin Rouge metallic Eunos VR-A sat on the drive
.The BRM/TTS version was a must. It fit the bill for all sorts of reasons. The quirky 1:1 racer, the 1/24th manufacturer and the colour. Many of my race cars are pink - easy to see and no-one else will paint their cars that colour - but this one is a bit lairy even for me, so I didn't pounce all at once, keeping my eye on it as it languished forlornly on a dealers display at Gaydon. Eventually, as it appeared no-one else was going to give it house room, I took pity on it and a brief haggle saw it change hands. Taking my final haul back to our table, even my usually supportive fellow exhibitor was a bit taken aback when I gave him a quick flash of this one!

However, I have a plan. It might seem sacrilege but I'm hoping to tone it down a bit, starting with a black and white rather than black and pink chequered roof. A decal has already been ordered. If I can fit that succesfully I'll re-assess the appearance, as Phase Two will be irreversible - painting the interior flat grey and changing the colour of the drivers helmet to maybe gloss blue, to match that side decal? Of course none of this might happen, it all depends on whether the roof decal works .......

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)