29th-May-22, 10:16 PM
(29th-May-22, 07:38 PM)tatter06 Wrote: George turner has posted something on Facebook about routed tracks, although more along the lines of actual track pieces rather than boards.
I used Booker Timber in elsemere port for my routed track, but as mentioned above I'd find somewhere local as delivery is probably more than the routing for something like a ot car track.
(29th-May-22, 09:00 PM)autoavia Wrote: More about George Turner's routed slot car track sections here
George Turner Models
RS Slot Racing had some prototype pieces at Gaydon.
I've been following this with interest, and David Caille has also come up with a modular system.
Both have potential, but both have a significant problem, in that unless you are very careful with the track design there may be issues with making the track join up. Just like any plastic track, a layout won't always meet up perfectly when you get to the end.
One of the big advantages of the J-Trak system, which I helped to develop with Duncan Kirby, is that no matter how complex you make the layout it's always guaranteed to join up perfectly. There are no ifs and buts about whether a J-Trak will join up at the ends, because the nature of the design and the specifications guarantee it.
Funnily enough I'm currently working on getting the Scalextric version of J-Trak reinstated on the site, but perhaps it's time to investigate a routed version as well? I still think it's a very sound concept.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)