29th-May-22, 11:57 AM
I read with interest, the post from a couple of years back about the routed J-Trak solution being discussed (https://slotracer.online/community/showt...p?tid=1709) but couldn't find any more information on it.
I am using a variation of the 'standard' J-Trak as the basis of a Scalextric hiring business (as yet, without any business...) but I'm already thinking about v2.0 of the modules. My thoughts turned to routed modules and instead, of reinventing the slotcar wheel, wondered if it had already been done. It looks like Jason got fairly down the routed track but I wondered if there were any further advances with it.
If I use routed modules, i would make the modules smaller, so that they are lighter, more manageable and fit in a car, rather than a van. Then I saw the post referenced above and LOVE the modules being the shape of the track. This is so much more elegant, I think, are much more manageable, less wastage in terms of mdf/whatever and scenery requirements.
Has anyone had a go at making something like this and what are the experiences, good or bad?
Thanks,
Connal
I am using a variation of the 'standard' J-Trak as the basis of a Scalextric hiring business (as yet, without any business...) but I'm already thinking about v2.0 of the modules. My thoughts turned to routed modules and instead, of reinventing the slotcar wheel, wondered if it had already been done. It looks like Jason got fairly down the routed track but I wondered if there were any further advances with it.
If I use routed modules, i would make the modules smaller, so that they are lighter, more manageable and fit in a car, rather than a van. Then I saw the post referenced above and LOVE the modules being the shape of the track. This is so much more elegant, I think, are much more manageable, less wastage in terms of mdf/whatever and scenery requirements.
Has anyone had a go at making something like this and what are the experiences, good or bad?
Thanks,
Connal

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)