16th-May-22, 09:00 AM
True, a full stripdown and cleanup is a very long job on these little cars.
The 18 axle was a retrofit to improve acceleration and the retrofit worked well.
I find that the default 17 axle feels overgeared even on the longest of tracks.
I counter any excessive braking with adjustment on the SCP2
The gearbox(layshaft) is where all of the fettling makes a big difference.
Much more to be had here from careful and diligent setup than from altering ratios because the available ratios don't offer anywhere near enough spread.
Graham (wizard) Eldridge killed us all at NascotWood with his policar lotus f1 in 2019 on factory fitted gearing.
Now how to fit the 20mm min rear tyres without inducing rollover?
(I normally run at 19.2mm)
Ballast space, yes, space is indeed very limited.
I'd better get some more depleted uranium from that russian guy down the market
AlanW
The 18 axle was a retrofit to improve acceleration and the retrofit worked well.
I find that the default 17 axle feels overgeared even on the longest of tracks.
I counter any excessive braking with adjustment on the SCP2
The gearbox(layshaft) is where all of the fettling makes a big difference.
Much more to be had here from careful and diligent setup than from altering ratios because the available ratios don't offer anywhere near enough spread.
Graham (wizard) Eldridge killed us all at NascotWood with his policar lotus f1 in 2019 on factory fitted gearing.
Now how to fit the 20mm min rear tyres without inducing rollover?
(I normally run at 19.2mm)
Ballast space, yes, space is indeed very limited.
I'd better get some more depleted uranium from that russian guy down the market
AlanW

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)