24th-Apr-22, 08:32 AM
G'day. First let me say how happy I am to finally find a club within a 20-minute drive of my house. So more than happy joining the membership there (comes with free gift car) and hoping my $ keeps his doors open.
But, I am having some issues adapting to the track after spending so long just using my home track which is Carrera. This club track is a Ban Pro track. Which is a 6 lane routed track. These tracks are braided and have steel inserts running all the way around under the braid allowing for magnets to be used. Lanes are set at 12v, not sure if this can be adjusted but seems plenty.
Most of the cars I have are fitted with silicone tires. The track seems to be used at times for sponge tires and has had glue applied. Owner runs his cars around there with rubber tires, but also applies a liquid to the tires to make them extra sticky. My cars with silicone tires don't seem to like it. If I run them with magnets after a few laps it seems like they are overheating the motor and then slow down. A couple of minutes cool down and they are good again for a little while. Remove the magnets and the slowdowns stop, but they become both very tail-happy, and deslot easily.
The owner suggested running without the wire connected for the braking. But as most my cars have the digital chip in, this was a non-starter for the first visit. Planning another visit soon with some more cars to try and setups to check. I think I will set a few cars dedicated to run at that track and the rest keep setup for home.
Where would you start to setup a car for a track that has been coated with glue for sponge tires - without going to sponge tires too?
http://www.mobara-base.com/photography_course.html
But, I am having some issues adapting to the track after spending so long just using my home track which is Carrera. This club track is a Ban Pro track. Which is a 6 lane routed track. These tracks are braided and have steel inserts running all the way around under the braid allowing for magnets to be used. Lanes are set at 12v, not sure if this can be adjusted but seems plenty.
Most of the cars I have are fitted with silicone tires. The track seems to be used at times for sponge tires and has had glue applied. Owner runs his cars around there with rubber tires, but also applies a liquid to the tires to make them extra sticky. My cars with silicone tires don't seem to like it. If I run them with magnets after a few laps it seems like they are overheating the motor and then slow down. A couple of minutes cool down and they are good again for a little while. Remove the magnets and the slowdowns stop, but they become both very tail-happy, and deslot easily.
The owner suggested running without the wire connected for the braking. But as most my cars have the digital chip in, this was a non-starter for the first visit. Planning another visit soon with some more cars to try and setups to check. I think I will set a few cars dedicated to run at that track and the rest keep setup for home.
Where would you start to setup a car for a track that has been coated with glue for sponge tires - without going to sponge tires too?
http://www.mobara-base.com/photography_course.html
My DIY projects and failures at https://dazee-projects.blogspot.com/
Various projects and videos at https://www.youtube.com/@DaleChan-nel

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)