19th-Jun-19, 09:44 AM
Apart from the blue megane, this was my bargain haul from the Gaydon Slot Car Festival + a mint boxed MG Vanquish Lola.
The Scalextric Chaparral came with the bonus of a yellow 'Pro' can and with a change of rear tyres really hauls.
Of the two Scaleauto cars I bought the Spyker first - just love the looks - and the engineering of that chassis prompted the purchase of the Honda alongside it.
The Carrera Lola is just gorgeous - missing some vents beind one rear wheel - and no spoiler but I found this one in a 'bits box' for a few pennies on one stall and it slotted straight in!
The blue Ninco 'Lightning' Megane was a forum purchase. Simple but looks fantastic and goes like stink. It prompted the green/yellow purchase, which came with a hotter motor!
At the back is an Avant Slot Audi. Super long and low with a pivoting motor/rear axle pod I thought that's just GOT to handle well.
The MG Vanquish Lola, not shown, just kept calling to me every time I passed the stand. I kept looking at the used unboxed item but putting it down again until, eventually, the vendor offered me the mint boxed car for the same price! I nearly bit his hand off. Looks caught my eye but the engineering clinched it again. It has a diff! It's quick and handles nicely - I tried it on the Scalextric 1/24th track at the show - but fortunately only ran it for a few laps before I showed it to CMOTD, who warned me to rebuild the diff with added grease before I did too many more laps.
Most expensive there was the Spyker - but the lot cost less than £130 and has provided hours of pleasurable 'mucking about' - disassembling, cleaning, fixing, tweaking, re-assembling, testing ... and just looking
The Scalextric Chaparral came with the bonus of a yellow 'Pro' can and with a change of rear tyres really hauls.
Of the two Scaleauto cars I bought the Spyker first - just love the looks - and the engineering of that chassis prompted the purchase of the Honda alongside it.
The Carrera Lola is just gorgeous - missing some vents beind one rear wheel - and no spoiler but I found this one in a 'bits box' for a few pennies on one stall and it slotted straight in!
The blue Ninco 'Lightning' Megane was a forum purchase. Simple but looks fantastic and goes like stink. It prompted the green/yellow purchase, which came with a hotter motor!
At the back is an Avant Slot Audi. Super long and low with a pivoting motor/rear axle pod I thought that's just GOT to handle well.
The MG Vanquish Lola, not shown, just kept calling to me every time I passed the stand. I kept looking at the used unboxed item but putting it down again until, eventually, the vendor offered me the mint boxed car for the same price! I nearly bit his hand off. Looks caught my eye but the engineering clinched it again. It has a diff! It's quick and handles nicely - I tried it on the Scalextric 1/24th track at the show - but fortunately only ran it for a few laps before I showed it to CMOTD, who warned me to rebuild the diff with added grease before I did too many more laps.
Most expensive there was the Spyker - but the lot cost less than £130 and has provided hours of pleasurable 'mucking about' - disassembling, cleaning, fixing, tweaking, re-assembling, testing ... and just looking

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)