14th-Feb-22, 01:45 PM
Quite hectic at the moment with new club classes, proxies and national events kicking off so my slot car prep time is spread quite thin.
Grid of cars for the first round of this new class below, no real surprises from the shakedown although a thunderslot did make an appearance and ran well for a 90%standard car.
When on track the P68 felt more planted, the front end of the Jag just wasn't quite right, it was too high for some reason I need to look into.
It was a cold night at the mill so my predictions for lap times were slightly optimistic, there was the odd banzai lap time but the winners median was 7.6.
I was mid pack, median of 8.0 but only a 2 tenths improvement would have seen me 4th which I'd be happy with, fastest lap 7.6 so it is possible.
I found a supplier of some tasty looking drill blank axles so hopefully they will arrive soon.
To do list
Build slot.it matra and thunderslot Lola and slot.it lancia.
Lancia was the winner, I had a go at a pretty standard matra and matched my p68s best lap in 3 laps, that was being careful as I didn't want to bin someone else brand new car. I just like the Lola.
Practice on the catalunya track, there's a short blast between 2 90 degree turns just before the long straight, I didn't get this right all night either missing the acceleration point and losing ground or missing the breaking point and slamming into the wall, an easy 10th to be had on that bit of track.
Grid of cars for the first round of this new class below, no real surprises from the shakedown although a thunderslot did make an appearance and ran well for a 90%standard car.
When on track the P68 felt more planted, the front end of the Jag just wasn't quite right, it was too high for some reason I need to look into.
It was a cold night at the mill so my predictions for lap times were slightly optimistic, there was the odd banzai lap time but the winners median was 7.6.
I was mid pack, median of 8.0 but only a 2 tenths improvement would have seen me 4th which I'd be happy with, fastest lap 7.6 so it is possible.
I found a supplier of some tasty looking drill blank axles so hopefully they will arrive soon.
To do list
Build slot.it matra and thunderslot Lola and slot.it lancia.
Lancia was the winner, I had a go at a pretty standard matra and matched my p68s best lap in 3 laps, that was being careful as I didn't want to bin someone else brand new car. I just like the Lola.
Practice on the catalunya track, there's a short blast between 2 90 degree turns just before the long straight, I didn't get this right all night either missing the acceleration point and losing ground or missing the breaking point and slamming into the wall, an easy 10th to be had on that bit of track.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)