21st-Jan-22, 06:15 PM
Hello Kev,
With the emergence of Arduino based systems, 3.3 volts became a thing and so it is possible to buy 3.3volt regulators that are very small. The lower voltage means that physically smaller capacitors can be used (say 5V types) such that the LEDs will remain lit for longer for the same physical space in the car.
I hate to be like some tech posters who do the development "live" on the forum but, I do have some 3.3v regulators somewhere with the intention of trying such an arrangement but have not done it yet.
Ultra bright white LEDs should be OK at 3.3volts so no need for dropper resistors but tail lights will need some so as to make them realistically bright.
Umm, I'll have a go in the next few days.
Leo
PS - LOL, I guess this is an opportunity for me to progress with my F1 Safety Car (Red) project.
With the emergence of Arduino based systems, 3.3 volts became a thing and so it is possible to buy 3.3volt regulators that are very small. The lower voltage means that physically smaller capacitors can be used (say 5V types) such that the LEDs will remain lit for longer for the same physical space in the car.
I hate to be like some tech posters who do the development "live" on the forum but, I do have some 3.3v regulators somewhere with the intention of trying such an arrangement but have not done it yet.
Ultra bright white LEDs should be OK at 3.3volts so no need for dropper resistors but tail lights will need some so as to make them realistically bright.
Umm, I'll have a go in the next few days.
Leo
PS - LOL, I guess this is an opportunity for me to progress with my F1 Safety Car (Red) project.
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)