Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

New guy here
#9

(2nd-Jan-22, 09:25 AM)Henk Wrote:  Welcome to the forum.

So what system do you have?

Hi all, 
  Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

  It is indeed a Pro-X system.  A simple one though.  I think it's called "Winged Warriors" or something similar (not currently at home but I found a pic online.) It's basically a banked oval NASCAR type with no lane changers.  The cars are a 69 Daytona and 1970 Superbird.  From what I understand the track is compatible with the newer D124/132 systems but the black box is not.  The cars would need new chips to run on the newer systems.  I have a a bit of track in all (no idea on length.)  All in all the parts seem to be of high quality and I like the fact both 1:24 and 1:32 cars both fit.

  This is my inventory:
19 standard straight
28 1/60* curves
12 1/30* curves
1 chicane
1 elevated crossing
12 2/30 banked curves
6 1/30 banked curves

  I figured I'd try and set something up to get a feel for it.  I downloaded a track planning program and trying to figure it out.  It's a paid version of the Carrera software called Autorennplanner.  I didn't mind spending the 30 bucks on the license because I like supporting someone that supports the hobby.
  
  Mickey Thumbs thanks for pointing me towards the shop in Brevard.  My girlfriend has a couple of restaurants she likes there.  Maybe make a day of it!

-James

Edit:. Looks like the set has two lane changes. My bad! I guess that's part of the point. LOL!
[+] 2 members Like ludite13's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
New guy here - by ludite13 - 1st-Jan-22, 07:00 PM
RE: New guy here - by JasonB - 1st-Jan-22, 07:19 PM
RE: New guy here - by KensRedZed - 1st-Jan-22, 08:01 PM
RE: New guy here - by mickey thumbs - 2nd-Jan-22, 03:19 AM
RE: New guy here - by Nonfractal - 2nd-Jan-22, 06:23 AM
RE: New guy here - by woodcote - 2nd-Jan-22, 07:37 AM
RE: New guy here - by Henk - 2nd-Jan-22, 09:25 AM
RE: New guy here - by ludite13 - 2nd-Jan-22, 06:12 PM
RE: New guy here - by Scuderia_Turini - 2nd-Jan-22, 05:13 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)