Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Are free 3D files any good?
#1

I'm just talking about chassis initially, there's a fair few out there classified as 'free to use', I've downloaded a fair few I have to say and not printed any of them as I enjoy designing my own in 3D CAD.

That's not to say these freebies aren't any good, I intend printing one for a Spirit 406 tonight, it'll take a SlotIt pod and as long as it fits should be a huge improvement over Spirits chassis.

The main thing I dislike about it is the guide plate will be printed with supports, this will invariably mean a rough finish underneath when it really needs to be smooth and frictionless.  My own chassis have a separate guide plate that is dead flat on the bottom and glued on top of the chassis.

If anyone else is interested in printing this it's here -> Spirit 406 chassis

This is what it will look like...

   


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
[+] 1 member Likes Kevan's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Are free 3D files any good? - by Kevan - 14th-Dec-21, 01:01 PM
RE: Are free 3D files any good? - by MrFlippant - 14th-Dec-21, 05:01 PM
RE: Are free 3D files any good? - by Kevan - 14th-Dec-21, 07:57 PM
RE: Are free 3D files any good? - by Kevan - 14th-Dec-21, 08:07 PM
RE: Are free 3D files any good? - by MrFlippant - 15th-Dec-21, 01:45 AM
RE: Are free 3D files any good? - by Kevan - 15th-Dec-21, 09:09 AM
RE: Are free 3D files any good? - by JMay - 15th-Dec-21, 09:54 AM
RE: Are free 3D files any good? - by Kevan - 15th-Dec-21, 10:41 AM
RE: Are free 3D files any good? - by Kevan - 15th-Dec-21, 10:46 AM
RE: Are free 3D files any good? - by Kevan - 15th-Dec-21, 11:26 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Kevan
2nd-Nov-21, 10:43 AM
Last Post by Kevan
25th-Oct-21, 02:17 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)