Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

I never thought this hobby was injurious before
#3

In the 70's one of my schoolfriends was knocked out by a 1/24 Group 20 car that came off the banking at Wonderland Raceways in Southend and hit him on the forehead. The long curved, almost vertical banking was directly underneath the driver's stand and was very fast. There was a shelf which stuck out over the edge of the track to retain any errant cars but somehow this one managed to avoid the shelf and take flight. The cars were pretty heavy in those days so he was lucky to get left with a gash on his forehead. I doubt the car survived.
There was a hairpin bend after the banking and if you got your braking wrong it was sometimes a case of needing a dustpan and brush to retrieve the parts of the car.
Quote


Messages In This Thread
I never thought this hobby was injurious before - by Kevan - 27th-Nov-21, 03:23 PM
RE: I never thought this hobby was injurious before - by Eddie Grice - 27th-Nov-21, 04:01 PM
RE: I never thought this hobby was injurious before - by autoavia - 28th-Nov-21, 03:40 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)