21st-Nov-21, 09:45 AM
(20th-Nov-21, 06:09 PM)Nonfractal Wrote:(20th-Nov-21, 05:06 PM)Gordon Steadman Wrote: I keep wondering about what slot 'racing' is supposed to mean. Racing has always seemed to me to be trying to beat the next guy......in the same class of car. I happen to like scale cars as I only race cars that represent something I like in full sized cars.
Within that limitation, yup, going as fast as possible is what it's all about.
A well balanced club has classes to cater for:
- the engineers AND the drivers
- the speed crazed NSR Mosler brigade AND the the beautiful scale model drivers.
... and everything inbetween.
The hobby has space enough for everyone.
Alan W
I'm not sure I'd call NSR Mosler drivers 'speed crazed'. Yes they are quite quick but not as quick as a good Mura motored 60's car on spongies or even urethanes (yes I've tried both type of car - I still run the Muras and they destroy Thunderslot cars on my wooden track and handily beat the NSR)
Speed crazed is wing cars

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)