Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Filament types
#3

(16th-Nov-21, 02:51 PM)Kevan Wrote:  I've been printing with CF-PETG for a year and love it, prints nice, is rigid and grinds and files easy and takes a M2 tap without a hitch.

I've started using the roll of Prusament PLA that came with the printer, it's silver and looks great and prints nicely but as I found out yesterday is a swine to tap a hole in...as the PLA seems to weld together again and ultimately snapped my M2 tap trying to remove it...the 1.6mm drill for the next hole welded in also and required destruction of a body post to free the drill.

PETG is somewhere in between.

I've not tried any other filament, have any of you guys tried PC or ABS?

Kevan

I get good tapped threads at M3 size in the Protopasta CF PLA, using that as aileron torque rod arms on 130mph RC aircraft.

B.
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Filament types - by Kevan - 16th-Nov-21, 02:51 PM
RE: Filament types - by JMay - 16th-Nov-21, 03:54 PM
RE: Filament types - by Kevan - 16th-Nov-21, 07:04 PM
RE: Filament types - by Bazzer - 16th-Nov-21, 04:16 PM
RE: Filament types - by MrFlippant - 16th-Nov-21, 05:37 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Kevan
21st-Oct-21, 09:39 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)