2nd-Nov-21, 06:48 PM
(2nd-Nov-21, 05:06 PM)BARacer Wrote: Are you the Gary that races a really noisy BMW slot car???
Do you know what, I am absolutely stumped as to why that car was such a washing machine.
It was noisy when I first built it, with an avant axel and some less than precise nylon bearings. I’ve never really used those before so I figured that must be the reason.
Since then the car has had a total rebuild with a Slotit axel, gear and brass bearings, a new motor (handout) and STILL makes that noise. I can only put it down to some design element of the motor bracket (maybe?) or some other integral part of the chassis reacting to some vibration or other.
One thing that was clear when working on the 330 was that it is very different from the other BTCC cars, which is a bit of a pity really. C’mon Scalextric. What are you playing at!
Joel, said comment can be found on this video https://youtu.be/KeSlkPdjLqc
Good to see you here :)


![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)