Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Sideways McLaren 720S GT3 White Kit & Painting Competition
#5

The fragility of rear wings drives me round the bend. It has got to the stage where I refuse to buy cars I might like because I know that the first crash will destroy them.

The answer for manufacturers is really simple:
1) make the struts a bit thicker than true scale. Purists might moan but most of us would be eternally grateful. Two wings as standard would be a suitable compromise, one for racing and one for display.

2) Don't glue or heat stake them in! Way back in the 70s/80s Scalextric rear wings were left loose so they fell out in an accident and rarely broke. If they got a bit too loose then Blu Tack would secure them sufficiently for minor offs.
[+] 2 members Like CMOTD's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by BAracer
21st-Sep-24, 09:05 AM
Last Post by woodcote
20th-May-22, 12:12 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)