2nd-Jun-19, 06:45 PM
Pics?? Facebook?
Anyway, I've only just got home. Outside of slot cars, it's been an interesting weekend! Finding my way around Bordeaux, which is full of one way streets, with an out of date sat nav map was a good start. On the way home, I lost an hour and a half because of traffic. Half an hour as two cars decided to argue over the same bit of road and then an hour because of roadworks - on a Sunday evening! I took the motorway home as it's simple, if boring!
I stayed in a budget hotel with the accent on budget. Hard foam mattress and I only got a few hours sleep. New big and loud alarm clock made sure I got up in time though.
Now then....the slot cars! You ask what could possible go wrong? New controller?
As soon as I saw the opposition, it was obvious that I might just as well enjoy myself. In the first place, the regular quick guys were all driving yank tanks that made my cars look like a scale smaller than they were. As I go for the racing, it was always going to be tough as this meet was 2/3rds concours points and only a third racing points. The standard was extremely high. So I raced the two cars I enjoyed driving most rather than the ones I expected to get into the concours. 32nd scale Ford coupe and Old Yeller.
Came home with a 7th place overall in 32nd cup surprisingly but ignoring the concours, I came 4th in 32nd and 6th in 24th. Quite pleased with that given the competition. Next time, I'll make sure i build new chassis specially rather than just making bodies to fit my existing chassis.
New controller. Not sure of what emoji might be suitable. Practiced with it of course and thought I might manage to race with it but on the warm up, it just didn't feel right so I used my old MRRC thumb controllers, swapping half way through when my palm started burning
So just not yet adjusted. Mick Kerr said it took him a year to get up to speed so I'll have to keep trying.
Enjoyable weekend overall though.
Anyway, I've only just got home. Outside of slot cars, it's been an interesting weekend! Finding my way around Bordeaux, which is full of one way streets, with an out of date sat nav map was a good start. On the way home, I lost an hour and a half because of traffic. Half an hour as two cars decided to argue over the same bit of road and then an hour because of roadworks - on a Sunday evening! I took the motorway home as it's simple, if boring!
I stayed in a budget hotel with the accent on budget. Hard foam mattress and I only got a few hours sleep. New big and loud alarm clock made sure I got up in time though.
Now then....the slot cars! You ask what could possible go wrong? New controller?
As soon as I saw the opposition, it was obvious that I might just as well enjoy myself. In the first place, the regular quick guys were all driving yank tanks that made my cars look like a scale smaller than they were. As I go for the racing, it was always going to be tough as this meet was 2/3rds concours points and only a third racing points. The standard was extremely high. So I raced the two cars I enjoyed driving most rather than the ones I expected to get into the concours. 32nd scale Ford coupe and Old Yeller.
Came home with a 7th place overall in 32nd cup surprisingly but ignoring the concours, I came 4th in 32nd and 6th in 24th. Quite pleased with that given the competition. Next time, I'll make sure i build new chassis specially rather than just making bodies to fit my existing chassis.
New controller. Not sure of what emoji might be suitable. Practiced with it of course and thought I might manage to race with it but on the warm up, it just didn't feel right so I used my old MRRC thumb controllers, swapping half way through when my palm started burning
So just not yet adjusted. Mick Kerr said it took him a year to get up to speed so I'll have to keep trying.Enjoyable weekend overall though.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)