19th-Oct-21, 07:04 PM
Hi all,
Some years ago I tried to make working wing lights on Slot.it's 4WD Audi e-tron quattro R18.
First using the original non-transparant wing. That turned out to be too weak...
Then I drew a new wing and had it printed by Shapeways (https://www.shapeways.com/) in a transparent material.
That material turned out to be too brittle for the hard slotcar life...
Now Shapeways has a new material. SLA Plastic - Accura® 60.
I hope this transparent plastic is stronger than the plastic from my first attempt. Anyone familiar with this plastic material?
One of these days I hope to get a print in the new material.
To be continued...
The printed wing...
2 small LEDs on each side of the wing...
The end result... (no lights on the left car)
Here I used an original transparent wing from Slot.it...
Some years ago I tried to make working wing lights on Slot.it's 4WD Audi e-tron quattro R18.
First using the original non-transparant wing. That turned out to be too weak...
Then I drew a new wing and had it printed by Shapeways (https://www.shapeways.com/) in a transparent material.
That material turned out to be too brittle for the hard slotcar life...
Now Shapeways has a new material. SLA Plastic - Accura® 60.
I hope this transparent plastic is stronger than the plastic from my first attempt. Anyone familiar with this plastic material?
One of these days I hope to get a print in the new material.
To be continued...
The printed wing...
2 small LEDs on each side of the wing...
The end result... (no lights on the left car)
Here I used an original transparent wing from Slot.it...

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)