9th-Oct-21, 08:29 AM
I had expected the club to be back at the Barn this month, but nothing is very straightforward these days! Thanks to 25 club members answering a questionnaire, messaging or phoning me, I have a much better idea of the consensus over when we might return...
- More than half of the people who responded are looking at next Spring - with a handful looking beyond that. I realise some want to be racing now, but we made a collective decision in the summer of 2020 - and earlier this year - that we'd only return when everyone feels safe and ready.
- Almost everyone would do a lateral flow test before attending the Barn. These aren't pleasant, but many of us are pretty used to them by now.
- Everyone who replied said they'd had - or would be having - a Covid vaccine.
- Seven of those who responded are either clinically extremely vulnerable or have regular contact with people who are.
What that means is:
- The 2022 season is scheduled to start at the beginning of April
- Warm-up events can take place in March
- The 2022 calendar will be published asap
- The WHO/digital 2022 Guide will be published during October
- The HO rules will be updated on the club website during November
In the meantime, I’ve noticed that a lot of WHO members are finding ways of having fun. There are some amazing slot cars being created at home, plus some cool home racing, iRacing, trips to motorsport events and even a couple of track day experiences! It's great to see people trying out new things. I recently had a taster session with the Goodwood Marshals Club – one of our original WHO Racing dads is vice chair of the club. You could give it a go in 2022. The website is: https://goodwoodmarshalsclub.org.uk/

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)