Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Slippery Scalextric track
#5

I would say that the Scalextric Sport track is very well matched to their cars, I first used Sport track in 2002 with the GT40 set and it was very good and still remains good to this day despite hundreds of hours of use and abuse. 

I first drove slot cars in 1970 on both Scalextric and Airfix tracks, I also drove a couple of seasons on the club track at Netley near Southampton using Parma Int 32's and a bit of Group 16 stuff.

The primary aim for Scalextric is for boxed sets to work as well as possible straight out of the box, this gives them happy first time customers and then new and repeat business. Sport and magnets help them achieve this, the track is quite flexible but conforms well to differing carpets etc

I use the Sportworld system and I can get my 2 1/2 year old Granddaughter driving with the max assist setting to give no crashes and I can blast around with no assitance and turn in pretty fast laps with the same car and track. I would say that is target achieved, modern sets should be better still. 

Magnets and Sport track increase the chances of success for the occasional user but don't think for one moment that a magnet car can get around any corner or does not need good tyres, to get really fast laps the tyres have to be in tip top condition no matter what the track or magnet system, I can feel tyres loosing a tiny bit of grip within 40 really fast laps but would go on for thousands of laps for a casual user.






Baz
[+] 2 members Like Bazzer's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Slippery Scalextric track - by Zippideedooda - 5th-Jun-21, 09:03 PM
RE: Slippery Scalextric track - by woodcote - 5th-Jun-21, 09:34 PM
RE: Slippery Scalextric track - by Zippideedooda - 17th-Sep-21, 01:34 AM
RE: Slippery Scalextric track - by Nonfractal - 17th-Sep-21, 06:33 AM
RE: Slippery Scalextric track - by Bazzer - 17th-Sep-21, 12:20 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Br00k1e
19th-Jan-26, 12:05 AM
Last Post by Scott
1st-Dec-25, 11:41 PM
Last Post by woodcote
23rd-Apr-25, 08:03 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)