25th-May-19, 12:02 AM
(23rd-Apr-19, 01:40 AM)Geoff Shannon Wrote: As an evolving technology and with more people buying home based printers is it worth considering at this time a 3d Printing Forum?
Due to the diversity of the subject eg.
3DP Chassis.
Trackside buildings, pitlane accessories and figures.
Printed bodies, parts and tools.
Machine types and How To's.
Links to free 3D files for home printing.
Links to interesting products on commercial sites(eg. Shapeways).
on sites without a specific forum for 3D Printing, topics are scattered throughout the site.
These can be found using the search facility assuming you enter the correct search parameters.
If a Forum for 3D printing was established at this time it would help to centralise topics.
I am unable to like Geoff Shannon's post regarding a dedicated 3D Printing thread so shall say so here that it is a great idea.
Hopefully the next few months I will be purchasing a 3D printer, having spent some time researching them I am still undecided as to make, model, specifications etc so seeing this here would be great.
I think this 3D printing thread could be placed under:
Tracks & Scenery ---> 3D Printing ---> sub-forums: 3D Printers, Hardware & Software, Plans (Printables), Consumables, etc
Perhaps one of the Admins,Mods will add the above thread for us so we can get this topic underway as no doubt there are people out there who are 3D printing, want to get into 3D printing or people that have knowledge of 3D printers and printing. A topic that would certainly meet Slot Cars and forums.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)