Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

'Race Tuned' Scalextric items - a brief history
#5

A very interesting article, thanks for putting it together.

I know I am some what biased as I have a very soft spot for the Scalextric brand but I do think they get an unfair rap for their cars handling etc.

If I understood one of Adrian Norman's video's on Youtube correctly, the Scalextric cars are all made to the CE standard for 3 year old toys and most of the other Slot Cars are for a 14 year old rating.

I understand that one of the things that this tighter standard does is drives the motor up higher in the car, it seems that 2mm is the magic number and I have to say that when I look at any even remotely modern Scalextric cars that I have the motor is buried and covered over to stop prying fingers getting burnt.

I would say that another reason for Scalextric's reliance on magnets is that a magnet car will work reasonably well on poorly setup and dirty tracks. 

Don't let what I have said above detract from a very interesting article.

Was there another hopped up Scalextric range called SRS or am I thinking of something different?

Regards

Baz
[+] 2 members Like Bazzer's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
'Race Tuned' Scalextric items - a brief history - by CMOTD - 19th-Aug-21, 10:13 AM
RE: 'Race Tuned' Scalextric items - a brief history - by rallyhub - 19th-Aug-21, 10:43 AM
RE: 'Race Tuned' Scalextric items - a brief history - by BAracer - 19th-Aug-21, 11:07 AM
RE: 'Race Tuned' Scalextric items - a brief history - by Scuderia_Turini - 19th-Aug-21, 11:37 AM
RE: 'Race Tuned' Scalextric items - a brief history - by Bazzer - 19th-Aug-21, 03:20 PM
RE: 'Race Tuned' Scalextric items - a brief history - by Scuderia_Turini - 20th-Aug-21, 10:05 AM
RE: 'Race Tuned' Scalextric items - a brief history - by Bazzer - 20th-Aug-21, 12:41 PM
RE: 'Race Tuned' Scalextric items - a brief history - by woodcote - 20th-Aug-21, 09:25 AM
RE: 'Race Tuned' Scalextric items - a brief history - by Mr.M - 21st-Aug-21, 09:25 PM
RE: 'Race Tuned' Scalextric items - a brief history - by CMOTD - 22nd-Aug-21, 11:07 AM
RE: 'Race Tuned' Scalextric items - a brief history - by Spiros - 17th-Apr-24, 12:11 AM
RE: 'Race Tuned' Scalextric items - a brief history - by Mr.M - 22nd-Aug-21, 10:55 PM
RE: 'Race Tuned' Scalextric items - a brief history - by MRE - 26th-Aug-21, 11:52 AM
RE: 'Race Tuned' Scalextric items - a brief history - by rallyhub - 26th-Aug-21, 01:42 PM
RE: 'Race Tuned' Scalextric items - a brief history - by CMOTD - 26th-Aug-21, 12:25 PM
RE: 'Race Tuned' Scalextric items - a brief history - by BAracer - 30th-Oct-21, 03:31 PM
RE: 'Race Tuned' Scalextric items - a brief history - by MRE - 28th-Aug-21, 09:46 AM
RE: 'Race Tuned' Scalextric items - a brief history - by rallyhub - 28th-Aug-21, 11:11 AM
RE: 'Race Tuned' Scalextric items - a brief history - by Kevan - 31st-Jan-24, 08:04 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)