14th-Aug-21, 02:55 PM
A couple of E-Types arrived today
From a chassis and construction point of view I am not keen on the Scalextric versions, thankfully for me there seem to be plenty of the long discontinued Revell/Monogram version around in these liveries for not unreasonable coin.
Advertised as S/H mint, I think they are more new old stock by the looks of them and the dust on the boxes, (especially as they were relisted by the seller shortly after I ordered them).
I believe these 2 "privateer racer" liveries were supposed to be limited to 500 each worldwide. Obviously were not a great seller, all the better for me
My plan is to try and retain as much of the original as I can, I will be swapping tyres for something a little bit lower profile, motors for some SRP 16k and suitable gearing to improve the braking. Revell cars were not known for good brakes !
Hopefully I can do this while retaining the the stock front motor layout and chassis and balancing with some weight for wood/copper tape track use.
I will be aiming for the cars to sit a little lower using this picture as a guideline.
From a chassis and construction point of view I am not keen on the Scalextric versions, thankfully for me there seem to be plenty of the long discontinued Revell/Monogram version around in these liveries for not unreasonable coin.
Advertised as S/H mint, I think they are more new old stock by the looks of them and the dust on the boxes, (especially as they were relisted by the seller shortly after I ordered them).
I believe these 2 "privateer racer" liveries were supposed to be limited to 500 each worldwide. Obviously were not a great seller, all the better for me
My plan is to try and retain as much of the original as I can, I will be swapping tyres for something a little bit lower profile, motors for some SRP 16k and suitable gearing to improve the braking. Revell cars were not known for good brakes !
Hopefully I can do this while retaining the the stock front motor layout and chassis and balancing with some weight for wood/copper tape track use.
I will be aiming for the cars to sit a little lower using this picture as a guideline.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)