21st-Jul-21, 07:59 AM
(21st-Jul-21, 07:36 AM)BARacer Wrote: Still trying to get my head round how a track can be made in a day...
Did you rout(?) along your pencil lines by hand or use some sort of guide plate?
It is only a very small track
I knocked up a trammel out of ply. The router is just screwed to it and the centres were all worked out beforehand. I drew the curves using a piece of wire looped around a screw so the holes was there to drop the trammel pin in. The curves only took about an hour max. The straights were cut along a metal straight edge and took a bit longer. The basics were done in about four hours and then I taped it up the next day and the wiring was a doddle for such a small track as it only needs one feed.
For the raised bits the router depth was set to 11mm so it cut right through the ply and gives a nice smooth cut for the outside of the curves. Sorry to sound flash but it really is a very simple thing to make. It will probably take longer to fit all the barriers and edges. I had two cars hit the deck just now so they will definitely be necessary. I'm trying to get used to such short straights and fast cars need just a nudge of power before the brakes are necessary. Needs a whole different technique. Two racing will be a hoot I suspect.
It's really a Pittman 196B or Atlas open frame track as the motor characteristics are perfect. Driving a car with a Mabuchi 270S is a whole new joy! Probably best avoided.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)