29th-Jun-21, 07:06 PM
You should tease open the ends of the braid for sure to get more surface area contact on the track braid/rails. You do need to do this with the utmost care.
When replacing the braid the braid itself should not be longer than the slot guide, cutting the braid length to match the slot guide will reduce possibilities of shorts from the stray braid strands.
When to replace the braid is easy, once you see it has become real bushy and thin, get into replacing them asap, too thin and the braid will start losing contact with the track braid/rails. I have my new braid cut about 4mm longer than I need making it easier to work with, after inserted into the guide and eyelets are installed I then cut the braid down to the guide length.
For Scalextric Quick Change guides the process is similar, though you can have half a dozen ready to go.
When replacing the braid the braid itself should not be longer than the slot guide, cutting the braid length to match the slot guide will reduce possibilities of shorts from the stray braid strands.
When to replace the braid is easy, once you see it has become real bushy and thin, get into replacing them asap, too thin and the braid will start losing contact with the track braid/rails. I have my new braid cut about 4mm longer than I need making it easier to work with, after inserted into the guide and eyelets are installed I then cut the braid down to the guide length.
For Scalextric Quick Change guides the process is similar, though you can have half a dozen ready to go.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)