Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

1/24 In car camera
#7

After a bit of work I am finally going in the right direction with the in car video. I robbed a camera off of a old drone and put the flight controller and VTX in the car and tried recording off of the goggles. Unfortunately there was a ton of interference and getting a good video was going to be impossible from the goggles. This is actually what I was expecting but had to try. One thing I did prove was the latency was much better. So after some research I decided to buy a DVR for a drone. 25.00 off of amazon. Figured if it didn't work in the car I could use it in my drone so it wouldn't be a complete waste of money. This is what I bought Runcam DVR. I redesigned the interior plate to fit the DVR and tried it out. The recording was very grainy and extremely disappointing. I hooked it up to a small video screen and the quality improved greatly. So I figured out that the video output of the DVR had to be hooked up to get a good quality video. I added a 68 ohm resistor to the video output and that fixed the problem, nice relatively clean low latency video! The camera I am using is a cheap drone camera and if I was to buy a better camera I am sure it would make a huge difference. I also need to diffuse the lighting over the track and adjust the camera position. Definitely improving though. Can't wait to record with other cars on the track.

Kevin

Here is a link to the video

[+] 1 member Likes Krpepe's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
1/24 In car camera - by Krpepe - 7th-Jun-21, 04:56 PM
RE: 1/24 In car camera - by Scuderia_Turini - 7th-Jun-21, 05:11 PM
RE: 1/24 In car camera - by Krpepe - 7th-Jun-21, 05:20 PM
RE: 1/24 In car camera - by Scuderia_Turini - 7th-Jun-21, 11:45 PM
RE: 1/24 In car camera - by Krpepe - 8th-Jun-21, 03:36 AM
RE: 1/24 In car camera - by DPJ - 8th-Jun-21, 05:07 AM
RE: 1/24 In car camera - by Krpepe - 12th-Jun-21, 07:51 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)