Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

1/43 Mercedes Benz 190/220SE taxi.
#1

Anyone who followed this year's Pronomag 1/43 proxy, run, as always, by Peter in Austria, will have seen my dainty little Mercedes taxi.

Having a fairly heavy brass chassis, this car was never going to win any drag races! But, as I have recently found on my new routed 'Little Snett' track, it handles beautifully and will lap smoothly and consistantly all day long, and is fun to drive.

I started off with a chassis that I had previously made for another car a few years ago, but cant remember what it was, possibly a Torino. It uses an FF030 motor, mounted as a sidewinder with Ranch Design gears and rear wheels, and has front axle mounts made from electrical connectors and has a Pfuetze guide.

   

   

You will have noticed that at some stage I removed chunks of the floor in a feeble effort to reduce weight!

The young lady driver previously drove a Leyland Sherpa van, so has definitely moved up in the world!

   

At this point it was still going to be a 220SE but I lost the headlamps!

   

So it became a 190, at the front at least! Photos and track by Peter Pfister.

   

   


Regards, Lloyd.
[+] 4 members Like Lloyd.L's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
1/43 Mercedes Benz 190/220SE taxi. - by Lloyd.L - 18th-May-19, 08:28 PM
RE: 1/43 Mercedes Benz 190/220SE taxi. - by Scuderia_Turini - 18th-May-19, 10:01 PM
RE: 1/43 Mercedes Benz 190/220SE taxi. - by Lloyd.L - 22nd-May-19, 09:33 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)