12th-May-21, 11:22 PM
Hi Bill,
I use the hairpin for my drag-race return lanes.
The fact that I needed to install braids on my T-jet shoes for drag-race proxy for this forum/club race, seems to help cars through the hairpin. Half the battle of getting through the curve is taking it at just the right speed. Too slow or fast just won't work.
You can always try the hairpin first and replace it later on if you don't like it. No plastic track is permanent.
I may install braids on all my cars just for regular track use.
Note: This was my first attempt at braids. I no longer solder the rear section. Only the front. The back of the braid remains loose like regular braided cars.
Best of luck with your track. It looks super cool!
Ken
I use the hairpin for my drag-race return lanes.
The fact that I needed to install braids on my T-jet shoes for drag-race proxy for this forum/club race, seems to help cars through the hairpin. Half the battle of getting through the curve is taking it at just the right speed. Too slow or fast just won't work.
You can always try the hairpin first and replace it later on if you don't like it. No plastic track is permanent.
I may install braids on all my cars just for regular track use.
Note: This was my first attempt at braids. I no longer solder the rear section. Only the front. The back of the braid remains loose like regular braided cars.
Best of luck with your track. It looks super cool!
Ken

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)