9th-May-21, 07:47 AM
Looking at the top 5 from last year (ignoring Brumos!) most had body weights in the 25g - 30g range, which might have forced them to raise the chassis weight to compensate.
Yellow Dog tyres are available from electric dreams, but $17 postage makes for an expensive pair of hoops. I have fitted some locally made urethanes, and have some G25s sitting in the spares box.
Like you say, some different thinking required. I'm thinking as the Civic is tallish, I can't be going for a super light car. I'm currently at a starting point of 17g for body with lexan interior, and 56g for the chassis...73g total. Listening to Brumos, I think I have around 10g ballast to play with, but based on actual testing rather than theory.
I need to get to Racewars as well!
Yellow Dog tyres are available from electric dreams, but $17 postage makes for an expensive pair of hoops. I have fitted some locally made urethanes, and have some G25s sitting in the spares box.
Like you say, some different thinking required. I'm thinking as the Civic is tallish, I can't be going for a super light car. I'm currently at a starting point of 17g for body with lexan interior, and 56g for the chassis...73g total. Listening to Brumos, I think I have around 10g ballast to play with, but based on actual testing rather than theory.
I need to get to Racewars as well!
I love puttering with gears

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)