17th-Apr-21, 08:06 AM
Having watched this week's World Wide Chat I thought I would check out the front wheel set up and grub screw adjustment.
Having removed the unnecessary lower screws, the front right wheel would not sit down on the set up plate like the front left was. However hard you look at it to try and work out why, and just hope that gravity will somehow sort it out without me having to intervene, there comes the moment when you realise...
...your chassis is twisted.
So the flattening process is well documented. For a bit of reassurance I followed Slot.it guidance here. My wife was briefly filled with hope that I had suddenly gained some interest in cooking when I asked her whether the numbers on the oven dial were celcius or farenheit, and where her oven trays were kept. And a quick trip round to my father-in-law's sorted out the only piece of flat steel we had between us (as recommended by Mr Flippant).
Et voila!
One Scalextric PCR chassis held down with redundant traction magnets onto a circular saw blade submerged in boiling water and about to go into a cooling oven overnight.
As described by Nonfractal in another of the Chats, you just know that your chassis is flat simply by the slapping sound it makes when you put it down onto a flat surface. So once I had dried it off, I subjected it to the worktop test, and to my utter surprise, it made that sound that only a completely flat chassis can make!
So back to the tuning process, which now that my entry into the series has been accepted, has to be complete by Monday 19th July when the car needs to go in the post and off to the other side of the World.
Having removed the unnecessary lower screws, the front right wheel would not sit down on the set up plate like the front left was. However hard you look at it to try and work out why, and just hope that gravity will somehow sort it out without me having to intervene, there comes the moment when you realise...
...your chassis is twisted.
So the flattening process is well documented. For a bit of reassurance I followed Slot.it guidance here. My wife was briefly filled with hope that I had suddenly gained some interest in cooking when I asked her whether the numbers on the oven dial were celcius or farenheit, and where her oven trays were kept. And a quick trip round to my father-in-law's sorted out the only piece of flat steel we had between us (as recommended by Mr Flippant).
Et voila!
One Scalextric PCR chassis held down with redundant traction magnets onto a circular saw blade submerged in boiling water and about to go into a cooling oven overnight.
As described by Nonfractal in another of the Chats, you just know that your chassis is flat simply by the slapping sound it makes when you put it down onto a flat surface. So once I had dried it off, I subjected it to the worktop test, and to my utter surprise, it made that sound that only a completely flat chassis can make!
So back to the tuning process, which now that my entry into the series has been accepted, has to be complete by Monday 19th July when the car needs to go in the post and off to the other side of the World.
I love puttering with gears

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)