Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

gearing
#7

Apart from inline crown gear, I follow the golden rule of...

Optimum tooth count = (gear diameter X 2) - 2 

(With a +/- 10% flexibility in the tooth count if necessary).

Using this method for both pinions and spur gears, I get no whining from my drivetrain, which suggests to me good meshing and minimal power loss.

I love puttering with gears
Quote


Messages In This Thread
gearing - by OXO cube - 10th-Apr-21, 07:35 PM
RE: gearing - by BAracer - 10th-Apr-21, 09:15 PM
RE: gearing - by woodcote - 10th-Apr-21, 09:57 PM
RE: gearing - by Nonfractal - 11th-Apr-21, 07:47 AM
RE: gearing - by OXO cube - 11th-Apr-21, 09:29 AM
RE: gearing - by OXO cube - 11th-Apr-21, 03:36 PM
RE: gearing - by BAracer - 11th-Apr-21, 03:55 PM
RE: gearing - by woodcote - 11th-Apr-21, 04:05 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)