17th-May-19, 08:02 AM
Also in a rush to get it finished for Bordo on June 1st!
Although identified on SFI as a 1948 Mercury, it is, in fact, a 1949 Mercury! A custom car favourite apparently. The real car has a scale wheelbase that is almost 3cm longer than this one but as it's a custom job, it's been chopped and shortened! (that is to say, modified to fit the chassis)
Had first coat of colour to check the shape is OK and now the hard work begins to get the finish up to mirror standards. Whilst the paint dries, it's on with making the front grille. Oh how I wish I had small fingers.
Although identified on SFI as a 1948 Mercury, it is, in fact, a 1949 Mercury! A custom car favourite apparently. The real car has a scale wheelbase that is almost 3cm longer than this one but as it's a custom job, it's been chopped and shortened! (that is to say, modified to fit the chassis)
Had first coat of colour to check the shape is OK and now the hard work begins to get the finish up to mirror standards. Whilst the paint dries, it's on with making the front grille. Oh how I wish I had small fingers.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)