Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Airfix Triumph TR4
#1

Wanted to give scratch building a try after seeing so many amazing creations.  I had an Airfix triple set stashed away from many years ago so figured that would be as good of a place to start as any...  
 
I had a JS Chassis waiting in the wings for a metro; but, given it is pretty much the right wheelbase, I figured it could find it's way under the TR4.
 
[Image: 50798509023_70b492f260.jpg]Untitled
 
With a couple of small tweaks, it was almost as if this chassis was made for this...
 
[Image: 50798508993_aaa06dc4a9.jpg]Untitledr
 
I wanted to keep as much of the interior as possible; but due to the motor position, this wasn't really possible
 
[Image: 50799371912_a2e6b51dde.jpg]Untitled
 
Dash trimmed down, along with the door cards and rear bench/arches.  The plan is to make a basic interior (tops of seats/driver/co-pilot) that will slot in
 
[Image: 50798508968_3b155ff696.jpg]Untitled
 
Chassis all built up, and additional mounting post fabricated at the rear (from a trimmed down defunct carrera guide)
 
[Image: 50799372017_3543fbf484.jpg]Untitled
[+] 3 members Like AdeC's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Airfix Triumph TR4 - by AdeC - 8th-Apr-21, 05:51 PM
RE: Airfix Triumph TR4 - by AdeC - 8th-Apr-21, 05:52 PM
RE: Airfix Triumph TR4 - by AdeC - 8th-Apr-21, 05:54 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by KensRedZed
8th-Aug-24, 11:40 PM
Last Post by HWP
2nd-Nov-22, 01:09 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)